High-Performance Retrofit & New Construction Insulation in Nassau County, Suffolk County & Long Island
Ideal for new construction, batt insulation fits tightly between wall studs, floor joists or ceiling rafters to provide an effective barrier against heat and air movement. At Rocket Insulation, we offer several types of batt insulation, including fiberglass and rockwool, as well as complete installation services to ensure your insulation performs at its best. We are a leading insulation installer for homes and businesses throughout Long Island, Nassau County and Suffolk County.
For more information about our residential and commercial insulation services in the Long Island area, call Rocket Insulation today at (631) 750-9075 or contact us online.
Signs Your Home Needs More Insulation
With the frigid winters and hot, humid summers in the Long Island area, proper insulation can make a significant difference in your comfort. Some indications that you may need to add insulation to your home include:
- High heating and cooling costs
- Drafts or cool spots in the winter
- Cold floors or walls
- Condensation or moisture problems
- Hot spots and high humidity in the summer
- Dust and air quality problems
Batt insulation can be added during more extensive retrofits where the studs are exposed, and it can help to regulate temperatures and airflow.
Choosing Batt or Roll Insulation
Batt insulation is sized to fit between framing members and it is available in pre-cut lengths that make it easy to maneuverer and install. Roll insulation fits between framing members and can fill large voids with a single piece that is cut from the roll. Batt insulation and roll insulation offer similar performance when installed properly, though it may be more difficult to fit roll insulation around obstructions. Gaps must be avoided between batt insulation sections to minimize air infiltration. For tight spaces with plenty of obstructions, batt insulation is typically the better choice.
Our Batt Insulation Services in Roslyn & Southampton
At Rocket Insulation, we feature high-quality insulation from the industry’s leading manufacturers, and our insulation services include:
- Fiberglass batt installations – Made of strong, lightweight glass fibers, fiberglass batts offer impressive performance at a cost-effective price.
- Rockwool batt installations – Made from natural rock that has been heated and spun into fibers, rockwool insulation offers slightly higher R-values than fiberglass, along with greater resistance to fire, moisture damage and sound transmission.
- New construction services – From new homes and additions to commercial spaces, we install batt insulation in all types of new construction projects.
- Retrofit services – If your home or business is lacking proper insulation, we can bring it up to the latest standards with our batt insulation and other high-performance solutions.
To request a quote for the installation of batt insulation in Roslyn, East Hampton, Sag Harbor or the surrounding communities, contact our team today.
Frequent Questions About Batt Insulation
What is the R-Value of batt insulation?
Fiberglass batts are usually about R 2.7 per inch, while rockwool batts are about R 3.1 per inch.
Is a vapor barrier required?
Some fiberglass batts include a vapor barrier made from kraft paper, but unlaced batts and rockwool batts may need a vapor barrier depending on installation location and requirements.
Why Choose Rocket Insulation for Batt Insulation in Roslyn, NY?
At Rocket Insulation, we offer valuable, high-quality insulation products, plus the service and support of one of the largest insulation installers in the country, Installed Building Products. Trust our experts for all your residential and commercial insulation needs.
Call (631) 750-9075 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our batt insulation company today!